Sat 20 Jan 2018
✏️ Authentic Adhkār from the Qur’an & Sunnah:
Lesson 4: Making Dhikr with the Qur’an, its Great status and reward, and What is required of a person
- Brief recap of last lesson
- The best type of Dhikr (remembrance) is the Qur’an itself
- Allah says: “Verily, those who disbelieved in the Reminder (i.e. the Quran) when it came to them (shall receive the punishment). And verily, it is an honourable respected Book (because it is Allah’s Speech, and He has protected it from corruption, etc.). (See V. 15:9]” [41:41]
- Continued: “Falsehood cannot come to it from before it or behind it (it is) sent down by the All-Wise, Worthy of all praise (Allah).” [41:42]
- Continued: “Nothing is said to you (O Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم)) except what was said to the Messengers before you. Verily, your Lord is the Possessor of forgiveness, and (also) the Possessor of painful punishment.” [41:43]
- The Qur’an is the best of the books, revealed to the best of the Messengers
- Allah says: “And no example or similitude do they bring (to oppose or to find fault in you or in this Quran), but We reveal to you the truth (against that similitude or example), and the better explanation thereof.” [25:33]
- Ibn Kathir (may Allah be pleased with him) said regarding the above verse that this is a great degree of nobility to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) in that the Angel (Jibreel) used to come to him with the Qur’an in the morning or evening, whether he was travelling or resident. This was not the same as the previous revelations.
- The great status of the Qur’an and its virtue is not something hidden from the Muslims. It is word of Allah, it contains the news of what occurred in the past, news of what will happen in the future and it judges between us.
- The Qur’an has such a high status because it is the speech of Allah, and nothing is comparable to the attributes of Allah, therefore the Qur’an is unique.
- The Qur’an is not created and it is different to anything created. The virtue of the Qur’an compared to any other speech is like the comparison of the superiority of the Lord over his creation
- We must therefore give importance to the Qur’an and preserve its station
- Abdullaah Ibn Mas’ud said whomsoever wishes to know if he Loves Allah then he should check himself with the Qur’an. If you Love the Qur’an then you Love Allah as the Qur’an is the word of Allah
- We should recite, understand, and memorise the Qur’an
- Abdullah Ibn Mas’ud also said the Qur’an is the word of Allah, so whomsoever rejected anything from it then he has rejected Allah