Sound Creed Lesson 1
Sat 6th July 2019
Introduction to this Book
- What is this book about?
- Clarifying the true Aqeedah and calling to it is from the important of affairs and obligations
- Whether or not your actions are accepted depends on the correctness of you Aqeedah
- Due to this the priority of the Prophets and Messengers (may peace be upon them all) has been to clarify this Aqeedah and make it clear from that which opposes it
- The greatest portion of the Qur’an is surrounding the issue of Aqeedah
- The greatest portion of the Sunnah of the Prophet (ﷺ) is about Aqeedah
- How the Prophet (ﷺ) gave importance to this matter
- The scholars of this Ummah have given a great deal of time and effort to this topic of Aqeedah
- Shaykh Salih Al-Fawzan explains that this book simplifies what is already written in the texts of the great scholars of the past and discusses particular issues faced in our current times with regards to Aqeedah
- This book was originally in the form of a series of radio lectures by the Shaykh, his students encouraged him to write it in the form of a book
- This book also covers the correct way of giving da’wah and explores some of the misguidence and errors made in modern times in giving da’wah
- Many people complain of problems faced by muslims around the world, however they ignore the root cause and do not focus on Aqeedah
Chapter 1: Islamic Aqeedah (Creed)
- What is Islamic Aqeedah? How do you define it?
- Allah says: “And I did not create the jinns and humans except to worship Me. I desire not from them any provision, and nor do I desire that they feed Me. (On the contrary), it is Allāh who is the Great Provider, the possessor of mighty strength.” [Surah Adh-Dhariyat (The Winds that Scatter) verse 56-58]
- This is the same creed of all of the previous Prophets and Messengers including Adam, Ibrahim (Abraham), Ismail, Ishaq (Isac), Ya’qub (Jacob), Yusuf (Joseph), Musa (Moses) and Isa (Jesus), may peace be upon them all
- It is critical and essential for very person who is responsible and of sound mind to understand and practice the correct Aqeedah as success in the afterlife depends on it
- What is a creed?
- What happens to the one with correct Aqeedah (creed) in the Afterlife?
- What happens to the one without sound Aqeedah in the Afterlife?
- Hadith of Jabir (may Allah be pleased with him) [Sahih Muslim]
- Hadith of ‘Utbaan Ibn Malik (may Allah be pleased with him) [Sahih Bukhari and Muslim]
- Hadith of Anas Ibn Malik (may Allah be pleased with him) [At-Tirmidhi]
- Statement of Ibnul Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him) about the hadith of ‘Utbaan (may Allah be pleased with him)
- Aqeedah forms the basis on which actions are accepted or rejected
- Allah says: “Whoever works righteousness, whether male or female, while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islamic Monotheism) verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (i.e. Paradise in the Hereafter).” [Surah An-Nahl (The Bee) verse 97]
- Allah says: “And indeed it has been revealed to you (O Muhammad (ﷺ)), as it was to those (Allah’s Messengers) before you: “If you join others in worship with Allah, (then) surely (all) your deeds will be in vain, and you will certainly be among the losers.”” [Surah Az-Zumar (The Groups) verse 65]
- Allahs says: “Surely, they have disbelieved who say: “Allah is the Messiah [‘Iesa (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary).” But the Messiah [‘Iesa (Jesus)] said: “O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.” Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with Allah, then Allah has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers) there are no helpers.” [Surah Al-Ma’idah (The Table Spread) verse 72]
- What if someone commits shirk unknowingly out of ignorance? Is this an excuse?
- What about people who did not hear about Islam and did not receive the message? What happens to them in the afterlife?