Revising for Ramadhaan | Lesson 5
Saturday 3 June 2017
- Summary of Lessons previously
- Importance of Breaking the Fast as soon as the time comes in, and not to delay it
- Having the Suhoor, for it has barakah in it (blessing)
- The types of people who don’t have to fast
- g. unable to fast due to old age, traveller, illness
- What these types of people have to do to make those missed fasts up
- g. difference between one with temporary illness vs long term illness
- What defines if one is ill enough to miss fasting?
- The one who engages in marital relations, what is the expiation?
- Free slave, if cannot then feed 60 people, if cannot then fast 2 months
- Hadith which proves that the expiation is to be done in this order of priority
- What if it if a person does so (marital relations) 3 or 4 times, what is the ruling?
- What if marital relations occur whilst being a traveller?
- Question: If I am travelling at noon time, and it is Ramadhaan, can I eat in the morning?
- What is the option of the traveller regarding fasting?
- What if a person is travelling for a haraam reason?
- Related point, what if a person is praying with haraam clothes, will the prayer be accepted?
- What about menstruation and post -natal bleeding?
- one should not fast and instead make it up afterwards
- What about breaking the fast due to unexpected/difficult situations
- Story of the Prophet () and sahaaba setting out to conquer Makkah during Ramadhaan, they opened their fast on their way to Makkah
- Those for whom fasting is not accepted/obligated
- Non Muslims
- Those who are not of sound mind
- Children who have not reached the age of Puberty
- Children should be encouraged to start fasting when they are capable and above the age of 7
- Homework answers: Sunnah things for Eid
- For the Men, wearing one’s best clothes
- To have something sweet to eat BEFORE the prayer (for Eid ul Fitr)
- Having a Ghusl in the morning
- Zakatul Fitr (this is Obligatory)
- Going one way to the prayer and another way back
- To pray outdoors or in an open space
- Nail biting
Encouragement to attend today’s Talk in Albaseerah Bradford at 8:30 PM