Sat 11 May 2019
Lesson 5: Optional Fasting and prohibited Fasting
- Hadith of Abdullaah Ibn Umar (may Allah be pleased with him)
- Hadith of Abu Sa’id Al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him)
- Is it permissible to perform continuous fasting (i.e. fasting one day, then without breaking one’s fast going into the second day and onwards like this for a period of time)?
- What are the opinions of the scholars?
- The importance of being on time and hastening the breaking of the fast
- Hadith of Abdullah Ibn Amr Al-’As (may Allah be pleased with him)
- Is fasting every day allowed?
- Abdullah Ibn Amr Al-’As was eager to fast, what did the Prophet (ﷺ) recommend to him?
- What is the fast of Dawud (David), may peace be upon him
- The danger of going into Excess
The advise of the Prophet (ﷺ) to Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him)
- Hadith of Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him)
- Fasting three days of each months,
- What is the reward of doing this?
- Praying the Witr Prayer before going to sleep,
- What is the Witr prayer? How many rak’ah does it have? What times is it possible to pray it?
- Praying the two rak’ah of the Duha prayer
- What is the Witr prayer? What times is it possible to pray it? What time is best? Can you pray more than 2 rak’ah? What is the reward for praying it?