With Shaykh ‘Abdullah bin Salfīq ad-Dhafīrī
Live Tele Link with Shaykh ‘Abdullah bin Salfīq Ad-Dhafīrī
Translated by Ustadh AbuMuadhTaqweem
The shaykh began by greeting everyone with the salaam.
He advises that we remind ourselves with this speech the command of Allah, the command of the Prophet (ﷺ), and what our religion has come with.
The happiness of a Muslim
From the Happiness of a Muslim is that he understand what Islam is upon its reality:
- Islam is what Allah sent the Prophets and Messengers with in order to extract humanity from the darkness into the light
- Islam is that you submit yourself to Allah and avoid Shirk
- The story of the man who asked the Prophet (ﷺ) for advice. What did he advise him?
- The religion is both belief and action
The Hadith of Abu Hurairah
The hadith is narrated by Imam Muslim in his Sahih and begins by giving a warning against those who oppose the people of piety and monotheism.
The hadith then tells us of how a servant gains closeness to Allah and how one gains the assistance of Allah.
Allah loves for his servants that they are upon sincerity, monotheism and piety.
Advice to the students of Knowledge
The Shaykh then gave advise to the student of Knowledge.
- To have sincerity to Allah in belief and actions.
- That Allah does not accept from the servants except the actions that are done sincerely for his sake, upon the sharia
- That a servant stays away from any form of showing off, boasting, and the concealed shirk
- Question: What is concealed shirk?
- That you follow the Sunnah and are upon knowledge with regards to this.
- At-Taqwa (piety).
- It is an obligation that a servant is upon piety
- Allah’s words about this in the Quran
- How the Prophet (ﷺ) would advise the companions with Taqwa often
- To be upon the way of the Salaf.
- The Sunni, the one who is upon the Sunnah, is distinguished from the innovator by returning the affairs to the pious predecessors
- Those who have innovated have become misguided by their abandoning of the Salaf and not returning back to them
The Shaykh advises that we cling onto the Book of Allah, the Qur’an, that we learn, memorise and study it.
The Shaykh made dua that Allah gives us all success in these affairs, and that he gives us success and uprightness in our implementation and practice of the religion.