Sat 22 December 2018
Lesson 37: Supplications before you Sleep (Part 3) and if you wake up suddenly
- Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) as saying: “When you go to bed, say: ” (Alhamdulillaahil ladhii at’a-manaa wa-saqaanaa wa-kafaanaa wa-aa-waa-naa-fa-kam mim-man laa kaafiya lahu wa-laa mu-wiy) Praise is due to Allah Who fed us, provided us drink, sufficed us and provided us with shelter, for many a people there is none to suffice and none to provide shelter.” [Sahih Muslim]
- This dua reminds the muslim of the blessings which Allah has bestowed upon him and of the difficulties Allah has protected him from
- We should all be grateful and thankful to Allah for all that he has given us and what he has protected us from
- Thanking Allah for the blessings he has bestowed upon us causes them to increase further
- Qur’an Verse: ”And (remember) when your Lord proclaimed: “If you give thanks (by accepting Faith and worshipping none but Allah), I will give you more (of My Blessings), but if you are thankless (i.e. disbelievers), verily! My Punishment is indeed severe.”” [Surah Ibraaheem (Abraham) verse 7]
- There is a saying: when you find yourself in difficulty, be thankful to Allah for what you have
- What does it mean “kafaanaa (sufficed us)”?
- What does it mean “aa-waa-naa (provided us with shelter)”?
- Qur’an verse: “And Allah has made for you in your homes an abode, and made for you out of the hides of the cattle (tents for) dwelling, which you find so light (and handy) when you travel and when you stay (in your travels), and of their wool, fur, and hair (sheep wool, camel fur, and goat hair), a furnishing and articles of convenience (e.g. carpets, blankets, etc.), a comfort for a while.” [Surah An-Nahl (The Bee) verse 80]
- All praise be to Allah for what he has bestowed upon us, indeed we cannot even count these blessings