Sunday 21 Jan
✏️ Remedying the Heavy and Tight Chest
Lesson 2: Causes of weakness or strength in Eemaan, what happens to the heart when one sins?
- Brief Recap of lesson 1
- Without Tawhid the heart cannot experience true tranquillity
- No amount of wealth will grant tranquillity
- How is it possible for a heart to have relaxation without that heart recognising the lord which has created it? How can one have peace without knowing the purpose for which he/she is created?
- Anecdote of one waking up on an aeroplane, not knowing where he/she is going or why he/she is on that plane to begin with, the first thing one would want to know is “why am I here?” even before wanting to know how
- Tawhid increases and decrease and this is affected by knowledge and patience
- Your chest will be expanded in proportion to how strong your tawhid is and vice versa
- Ibn Qayyim mentioned in another book concerning which group of people have the most perfect of Tawhid
- NOTE: Tawhid has a basis/foundation, what is this?
- NOTE: after the foundation of tawhid, there is the perfection of Tawhid, brief recap (see Lesson 1)
- NOTE: the importance of staying away from the major sins, not persistently committing minor sins and accompanying that with seeking forgiveness
- Recap of who are the best of the people in perfection of Tawhid, (see Lesson 1)
- Shaikh Muhammad Amaan Al-Jaami says the above (i.e. Tawhid and Eemaan increasing and decreasing) is something a person is aware of by himself from own experience
- Ibn Qayyim states a person’s soul fluctuates between commanding with evil, self reproaching and commanding with good. These are symptoms of strength or weakness of Eemaan
- Causes of a person’s Eemaan and Tawhid becoming weak:
- Turning away from Allah subhaanahu wata’aalaa.
- Allah will test you with situations where you have an option to obey or disobey Allah with your hand, eye, speech etc
- NOTE: after disobeying Allah, the soul of a believer becomes regretful and tight
- Causes of a person’s Eemaan and Tawhid becoming strong:
- Obeying Allah
- NOTE: this must be done in accordance with the Sunnah of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم). Performing Bidah is not obeying Allah.