Saturday 16 Sept 2017
Chapter of Prayer: The Funeral (Janaazah) Prayer
- Brief recap of specific prayers we have covered recently
- Reminding the dying of the testimony of faith
- We have been commanded in the Quran and Sunnah to visit the sick, the reward of doing such an act and the benefits to the ill person
- Having hope in Allah, even in the final moments a person who is dying should have good and hopeful thoughts in Allah that he will forgive him and make him/her of those who enter him into paradise
- Mannerism of the Muslim when a person dies.
- To close the eyes of the deceased if they are open (Narration regarding how the Angel of Death takes the soul)
- To NOT delay the burial unnecessarily, bury them as soon as possible. Why is this? (the wisdom behind this is discussed, regarding purpose of Life as a test, the life of the grave (Barzakh), example of Fir’aun/Pharoah and how even if a person isn’t actually buried in a grave they still enter the life of Barzakh, and a reminder of the fire of Hell)
- The body of the deceased is washed and shrouded. The men should wash a male deceased and the women wash the female who has died.