Friday 7 April
Saturday 1 April 2017
Chapter: The types of People who cannot be the Imam
- The role of the Imam is a great responsibility
- There are Certain types of qualities that an Imam should have
- See Lesson 29 which deals with these qualities
- There are certain characteristics an Imam must be free from
- 1. A Fasiq cannot be an Imam
- A fasiq is one who has gone outside of being an upright Muslim
- Has committed major sins, but not shirk
- Fisq is of two types
- Fisq of actions (open type), e.g. fornication
- Fisq of belief, e.g. incorrect beliefs, such as rafidah or Jahmiyya
- The hadith of the prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) that a Faajir (a sinner/wrongdoer) cannot be the Imam
- Prayer behind such a person is prohibited
- The people of authority should ensure they don’t put forward a fasiq/faajir (open sinner)
Saturday 25 March 2017
Chapter: Women’s attendance in Mosques
“Whoever works righteousness, whether male or female, while he (or she) is a true believer verily, to him We will give a good life, and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do. (An-Nahl 16:97)
- Islam confers honour and respect upon the women
- They are permitted to attend the mosque
- If the women seek permission to attend the mosque it is detested to prevent them, even if is at night.
- What is ruling on wearing perfume when going to the mosque?
- What about wearing beautiful clothing?
- What is the ruling on mixing with the men?
- Issues to consider for women when going out of the house
- Dignity and shyness
- Appropriate Clothing
- Not using Perfume
- Issue of mixing with men
- Is it better to pray in the mosque or to pray at home?
- When is the Husband allowed to refuse his wife going out?
Chapter: The Rulings on the Imam
“The reward of him (the imam) is like that of those who perform the prayer behind him”
Friday 24 March 2017