Sat 14 Sep 2019
Lesson 7: Nullifying Tawhîdul-Ulūhiyyah by Committing Shirk
Why should we learn about Shirk?
- You cannot safeguard yourself from something which you do not know about
- Statement of Ibnul Qayyim
- What did Hudhaifah Ibn Al-Yamaan (may Allah be pleased with him) used to ask the Prophet (ﷺ) about?
- Ibrahim (may peace be upon him) sought Allah’s protection from shirk
- Importance of understanding and staying away from Shirk
Simple definition of Shirk
- Shirk is to redirect any act of worship to others besides than Allah
- Every act of worship should be purely and sincerely for the sake of Allah
- Examples of Shirk include, but are not limited to:
- Making Dua (Supplication) to other than Allah
- Sacrificing to other than Allah
- Vowing Taking an oath by other than Allah
- How is Tawheed (Islamic Monotheism) defined?
- Tawheed is the default, innate predisposition of mankind
How Shirk first started
- Between Adam and Nūh (may peace be upon them both) there were ten generations and all of them were upon Tawheed (Islamic Monotheism)
- The story of the people of Nūh (may peace be upon him) and how they fell into worshipping idols over a period of time
- How Shaitan (satan) slowly corrupted the people step by step
- The effect of the idols throughout history
- The idols from the time of the people of Nūh (may peace be upon him) were destroyed by the Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ)
Picture making and Photography