Saturday 20 May 2017
Chapter: Things which Break your Fast
- Brief recap of previous Lesson
- Removal of blood from the body
- Large vs small amount
- Medical reason, e.g. blood sample or tooth removal
- Does vomiting break your fast?
- It will break your vomit if it is intentional
- Accidental vomiting does not break the fast
- Hadeeth regarding this
- What about eye/nose/ear drops? Are they allowed during fasting?
- Eye and ear drops do not break fasts as they do not have a direct inlet to the stomach, however best to avoid them
- Nose drops will break fast as the nose is a direct passage to the stomach
- Similarly, when making wudhu water should not be drawn too far into the nose or gargled for the same reason – Hadith
- What about the siwak?
- It is mustahab (liked)
- What about flavoured siwaks?
- What about fragrances that are gaseous (e.g. oud, sticks)
- Does not necessarily break your fast
- However, if fragrance is gas with heavy particles then that can be a problem
Things which don’t break the fast but reduce the reward: