Sat 6 Jan 2018
✏️ Safety from hypocrisy, curing the heart and The Great Reward of Gatherings of Knowledge
Lesson 2: Safety from hypocrisy, curing the heart and The Great Reward of Gatherings of Knowledge
- Engaging in the remembrance of Allah is a sign that a person has safety from Hypocrisy
- This is because the hypocrites do not remember Allah except a little, see Surah (chapter) An-Nisaa verse 143: “Verily, the hypocrites seek to deceive Allah, but it is He Who deceives them. And when they stand up for As-Salat (the prayer), they stand with laziness and to be seen of men, and they do not remember Allah but little.” [4:143]
- Allah mentions in Surah Munaafiquun (The Hypocrites): “O you who believe! Let not your properties or your children divert you from the remembrance of Allah. And whosoever does that, then they are the losers.” [63.9]
- The above verse is a warning from Allah to keep away from the hypocrites as they have left the remembrance of Allah
- from the signs of hypocrisy is the lack of remembrance of Allah, and this could be upon a Muslims even!
- Allah would not place hypocrisy upon a person who is constantly and sincerely remembering him.
- From the benefits of remembrance of Allah is that it is a cure for the diseases of the Heart
- The remembrance of Allah is a cure, but the remembrance of the people is an illness
- The remembrance of the Allah takes away the hardness or hardening of the heart
- A person came to Hasan Al-Basri (may Allah be pleased with him) and complained about the hardness of his heart, and Hasan Al-Basri advised him to soften it with the remembrance of Allah
- When you remember Allah, then Allah is with you
- The one doing the remembrance is close to the one whom he is remembering
- This is a specific type of Allah being with you (his creation), it is Allah aiding you, guarding you and giving you success
- Allah mentions in the Qur’an: “Truly, Allah is with those who fear Him (keep their duty unto Him), and those who are Muhsinun (good-doers, – see the footnote of V. 9:120).” [16:128]
- And Allah says: “And obey Allah and His Messenger, and do not dispute (with one another) lest you lose courage and your strength depart, and be patient. Surely, Allah is with those who are As-Sabirin (the patient ones, etc.).” [8:46]
- More verses mentioned
- Also from the virtues of remembering Allah is that it is a means for blessings to come to you and will divert evil
- Allah says: “Truly, Allah defends those who believe. Verily! Allah likes not any treacherous ingrate to Allah [those who disobey Allah but obey Shaitan (Satan)].” [22:38]
- The more one remembers Allah, the more one has a share of this protection, and likewise the one who is deficient in this regard then he will likewise be deficient in these blessings
- When you remember Allah, then this is a form of worship
- Hadith of Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) : “Some of the poor Emigrants came to Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) and said to him, “The wealthy have obtained all high ranks and everlasting bliss.” He asked, “How is that?” They replied: “They offer Salat as we do, and observe Saum (fasting) as we do, but they give in Sadaqah (charity) and we do not, and they emancipate slaves and we cannot.” He (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, “Shall I not teach you something whereby you will catch up with those who have preceded you and will get ahead of those who follow you, and no one will surpass you unless he does the same as you do?” They said, “Surely, O Messenger of Allah.” He said, “Say: Subhan Allah, and Allahu Akbar, and praise Him (by saying Al-hamdu lillah) thirty-three times at the end of every Salat.” They returned to him and said: “Our brothers, the possessors of wealth, having heard what we are doing, have started doing the same.” Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, “This is Grace of Allah which He gives to whom He wishes.”” [Reported by Al- Bukhari and Muslim].