Sat 3 Mar 2018
✏️ Lesson 7: The balanced position of the people of Qur’an, The Superiority of the Qur’an and Knowledge
- The balanced position of the people of the Qur’an
- We have already learnt that the best type of Dhikr is the Qur’an itself
- The people who memorise it have a great virtue
- Verse: “Thus We have made you [true Muslims – real believers of Islamic Monotheism, true followers of Prophet Muhammad SAW and his Sunnah (legal ways)], a Wasat (just) (and the best) nation, that you be witnesses over mankind and the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) be a witness over you.” [Surah Al-Baqarah (The Cow) verse 143]
- Allah made this Ummah to be balanced and just.
- Verse: “Verily, this Quran guides to that which is most just and right and gives glad tidings to the believers (in the Oneness of Allah and His Messenger, Muhammad SAW, etc.). who work deeds of righteousness, that they shall have a great reward (Paradise).” [Surah Al-Isra (The Journey By Night) verse 9]
- Allah did not reveal this Qur’an to cause misery to the people, rather it is to give them joy, happiness and guidance.
- Verse: “Ta-Ha. [These letters are one of the miracles of the Quran, and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings.] We have not sent down the Quran unto you (O Muhammad SAW) to cause you distress, But only as a Reminder to those who fear (Allah). A revelation from Him (Allah) Who has created the earth and high heavens. The Most Beneficent (Allah) Istawa (rose over) the (Mighty) Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty). To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is on the earth, and all that is between them, and all that is under the soil. And if you (O Muhammad SAW) speak (the invocation) aloud, then verily, He knows the secret and that which is yet more hidden. Allah! La ilahla illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He)! To Him belong the Best Names.” [Surah Ta-ha verses 1 to 8]
- This was revealed because the Mushrikuun (polytheists of Makkah) used to say that the Qur’an was revealed upon Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) in order to distress him.
- Therefore, every carrier of the Qur’an, and all Muslims, must stay within the boundaries of the Qur’an and respect the Halal and Haraam mentioned in it.
- Allah has described the virtues of the carriers of the Qur’an