Saturday 25 March 2017
Chapter: Women’s attendance in Mosques
“Whoever works righteousness, whether male or female, while he (or she) is a true believer verily, to him We will give a good life, and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do. (An-Nahl 16:97)
- Islam confers honour and respect upon the women
- They are permitted to attend the mosque
- If the women seek permission to attend the mosque it is detested to prevent them, even if is at night.
- What is ruling on wearing perfume when going to the mosque?
- What about wearing beautiful clothing?
- What is the ruling on mixing with the men?
- Issues to consider for women when going out of the house
- Dignity and shyness
- Appropriate Clothing
- Not using Perfume
- Issue of mixing with men
- Is it better to pray in the mosque or to pray at home?
- When is the Husband allowed to refuse his wife going out?
Chapter: The Rulings on the Imam
“The reward of him (the imam) is like that of those who perform the prayer behind him”
“Three persons will be on the hillock of Musk on the Day of Resurrection: the person who leads the people in prayer and they are pleased with him…”
- Being an Imam is a great responsibility.
- The prophet, peace be upon him, was the imam during this time.
- Who became imam after his death?
- There are narrations about the virtues of the imam
- Who has the greatest right to being imam?
- The one with the best Tajweed
- He should have knowledge of the Fiqh of the prayer
- If the two imams have equal memorisation of the Qur’an – who should lead?
- In the case, where they are of similar knowledge – who should then lead?
- What is the evidence for this order?
- What are the different types of “lahn” mispronunciation?
- Which ones prevent you from leading?
- Evidence for the married being preferred as Imam over the unmarried
- Does the bearded one have preference/right to lead over the clean shaven one?
- What if there is already an appointed Imam?
- Can you pray behind an Imam who you are unsure about (e.g. innovation, clothes below ankles)?
- What about the people being pleased with the Imam?
- Purpose of seeking knowledge
Homework for next week: What is the Evidence for the married one being preferred as Imam over the unmarried one